Baking soda is a wonder product. Its effectiveness is not limited to preparing dishes, but it is useful in many ways you can’t even imagine.
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is well known for its cleansing and leavening properties. I know that long time, but it was only lately when I discovered that baking soda is useful in a lot of ways. I’m surprised to find out that this product is indeed a wonder product!
The moment I discovered how effective baking soda is, my family and friends would always hear me bragging about my favorite kitchen ingredient. So, whether you are looking for a clarifying shampoo, a teeth whitener or an effective cleaning solution for your oven, check out the amazing benefits that baking soda can do:
Beauty Regimens With Baking Soda:
- Nail Treatment: Baking soda is an effective for exfoliating your cuticles and whitening discolored nails. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Dip a nail brush into the mixture and rub it in your nails. Rinse. Do you have yellowish nails because of nail polish? Combine baking soda and lemon juice, and directly apply on nails. See the magic of baking soda.
- Face mask. Do you have oily skin? I have tried this and I can say wow, my oily skin is gone. Mix apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda. Apply this mixture on your face and see how your skin will be cleared from breakouts and dead skin.
- Pimple and acne treatment. Baking soda is a miracle ingredient as it can dry out pimples like a toothpaste. This alkaline substance can easily dry pimples and removes the blemishes caused by acne.
- Treats toenail fungus. Toenails fungus thrives in an acidic environment. Since baking soda is an alkaline, it is the perfect solution for your nail problem. Combine baking soda, tea tree oil, arrowroot, sage oil and basil oil. Apply it on affected nails and see how it will be replaced with a new one.
Cleaning With Baking Soda:
- Clean your grill grates by applying baking soda on the surface. Properly scrub it and wipe it with a damp rag.
- Tarnished silvers? Easily return the shine of your silver accessories by mixing 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water. Scrub, rinse and dry.
- Unclogged drains by mixing a cup baking soda and 1 cup hot vinegar. Pour the mixture into the drain. It will automatically unclog it.
- Do you have crayon marks on your walls? No problem! Simply wipe the surface with a damp cloth and baking soda.
- Messy microwave? Just sprinkle baking soda on the surface, wipe it with a damp sponge and rinse with water. You don’t need to spend so much time scrubbing the surface.
- Need a carpet freshener? Combine baking soda and orange essential oil and spray it on your carpet. It is best applied before vacuuming.
Other Astonishing Uses Of Baking Soda:
- It’s a liquid laundry detergent booster. Simply add ½ cup baking soda to a liquid detergent to see how clean and fresh your clothes are.
- Refreshes sweaty sneakers. Sprinkle baking soda into your shoes and let it stay overnight. Remove the powder the next day.
- Make your D-I-Y air freshener by mixing baking soda and essential oils of your choice.
- Refreshes your refrigerator. Put an open box in your fridge to kill the odors.
- Deodorize the garbage cans. Get rid of the foul smell in your trash cans by sprinkling baking soda on top.
Shelly Martinez loves anything about fashion, beauty and healthy lifestyle. She’s a beauty and lifestyle blogger and a dedicated wife and mom. She is also a regular contributor for addictions.com.